Wednesday, November 01, 2006

On My Own

Ok, I have my witchy necklaces, a book about designing rituals, and the will to do it. I am going to design my own unique shabbat rituals.

I'm going to pick and choose, using elements from traditional mystical Judaism, jewitchery and shamanism.

This is going to be fun. First, I need to outline a general plan which I can develop as I go.

Intention:

To honor sacred time within the sacred space of my domain, to put behind the past, to create a new beginning which respects my Divine Image and the sacred feminine, and to recreate the path of my life as a solitary traveler in devekut with the Divine.

Crafted & Consecrated Tools:

tzedakah box
ritual wash cup & basin
black candles
5 candlesticks
consecrated flame source
altar
altar cloth
incense & censer
spices
fish, foods & challah
challah tray & cover
wine
kiddush cup
clothing
ritual jewelry
witch's robe
tallit
seforim
book of shadows, grimoires, dream diary
music
sigils and symbols
bachall (witch's wand)
athame
boline (use as a challah knife)
pentacle & hexagram intertwined
kosher rock salt & container
handmade marzipan bowl
almonds
essential oil
consecrated ritual water container
staff
cords
dream pillow
seashells
stones with ogham & hebrew letter inscriptions
small cauldron
green living plant
mystical mirror
havdalah candle

Basic Ritual Elements:

ritual bath
statement of intent
letting go
meditation music
water & salt sprinkling
casting a ritual circle & banishing
establishing the gates of the elements
welcoming shabbat
candlelighting
blessings
kiddush
hamotzi
ritual meal
contemplation & meditation
torah study
blessing
shabbat morning kiddush, etc.
study & meditation
havdalah
statement of release
opening the circle
completion, integration & grounding

Now, I have a the beginnings of a plan. Many of the items I already have, but some I still need to purchase and/or craft myself. I think I'm going to handcraft some the items I already have too. It may take me awhile, given my longstanding and deplorable economic situation, but all will indeed be truly sacred when I've accomplished it.

No comments: