Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Mugwort Incense Blend 1

The following mugwort incense blend actually worked (in terms of astral projection) even though I was playing when I made it last night because my internet service provider was having technical problems, again.

1/8 cup mugwort
1/2 tsp organic rosemary
1/4 tsp cinnamon (ground)
1/2 tsp frankincense resin
1/4 tsp myrrh resin

The frankincense and myrrh were added last to the mortar after the other ingredients had been first ground and mixed. Throughout the grinding and mixing procedure, I frequently put the pestle down and mixed the ingredients using my fingers.

I burned only a very small portion of the final mixture on bamboo charcoal, in a censer.

Vital statistics:

mugwort - feminine, planet/venus, element/earth
rosemary - masculine, planet/sun, element/fire
cinnamon - masculine, planet/sun, element/fire
frankincense - masculine, planet/sun, element/fire
myrrh - feminine, planet/moon, element/water

The smoke from the incense is representative of the element of air.

No comments: