Thursday, January 11, 2007

Requesting Hebrew Blessing Help

I have created a unique shabbat ritual and have written some blessings for it in English. I need help to write them correctly in Hebrew. Could someone write these in grammatically correct Hebrew for me and provide a correct Hebrew transliteration (so that I pronounce the Hebrew blessing corresponding to the English blessing correctly)? Thank you in advance for your help.

These are the most important blessings I'd like to be able to say in Hebrew as well in in English:

Blessed is this Unity. Her Glorious Name is One.

Blessed is She, the Eternal Flame and the Essence of Truth.

Blessed are You Shabbat, Goddess of all life, Who transforms darkness into light.

Blessed is She, Mistress of the mysteries of spices and perfumes, the One over Death, and She who loves me.

Blessed are You Shechinah, Goddess of all life, Who guides me to wise understanding, proper compassion and right action.

Blessed are You Shechinah, Who nourishes me with all goodness.

Blessed is She who bestows Wisdom.

Blessed is She who sustains Life.

Shechinah, fierce and intense, gentle and mild, blessed are You, and I am Your beloved child.

I'd also like to be able to say this in Hebrew if anyone can help me out:

I conjure you, O Circle, to establish in this place sacred ground, with the Brilliance of the Shechinah surround, Her Power within it found.

No place or time or barrier may there be, between Her, my word and me.

... and these things too (if anyone is so inclined to do this great mitzvah for me), it would be excellent!

Open my eyes to see, my mind to understand and my perception to clarity.

Open my lips to speak the truth.

Open my heart to beat with compassion.

Open the strength of my hands to do rightly.

Open my lifeforce to flow with the Source of Peace.

Open me to be a revealed blessing.

Open the path to all good and guard my way upon it.

I realize this is alot, but it would really mean a great deal to me to be able to say these blessings/lines in Hebrew too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could help, Liorah, but my language skills are somewhat less than yours. but I do want to take this opportunity to tell you that your blog is one of my daily stops. And I always look forward to your new posts.

Lori said...

Thank you, levana. I appreciate your support.