Thursday, January 04, 2007

Open Mysteries Of Vayechi & Filling The Athame

I engraved my athame this evening. Among the inscriptions are:

statement of intention: אתהפכא חשוכא לנהורא
my Jewitch craft name Lleucu in ogham letters
my Hebrew name in Hebrew letters לֵיאורהּ חנה
a pentacle
a magen David
mezuzah inscriptions as discussed here
a cauldron spiral triskelion
seals: so mote it be and ברוך שם כבוד מלכותה לעולם ועד, אמן
a unique alef
a 3-headed and a 4-headed shin
YHYH יהיה

The engravements look, well, handmade. Ok, this tool is definitely mine now.

AMaR - EMeT - AMeN

This shabbat (Friday night) of parashah Vayechi, I am going to dedicate my engraved athame. אמר. On the next Dark Moon (Thursday night, January 18), I am going to consecrate it. אמת. On Shabbat Rosh Chodesh Shevat (Friday night, January 19), I am going to "empower" it - prepared for Shevat as discussed here. אמן.

According to my Artscroll chumash (p. 268, Stone Edition):

In the entire Torah Scroll, Vayechi is unique in that there is no extra space between it and the preceding parashah, in contrast to the general rule that a Sidra begins on a new line or that it is separated from the previous one by at least a nine-letter space.

In other words, having no extra space, here in parashah Vayechi whose mysteries are open to the Dark Feminine "End of Days", it is filled with double blessings and brilliance. אמר אמת אמן

No comments: