Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Witch's Brew - "Satisfaction"

ב' בניסן תשס"ז

My newest witch's brew incense recipe is called "Satisfaction". I blended ingredients until my nose was "satisfied". It's a loose blend for burning on charcoal or bamboo. The "parts" I used are small: 1/4 tsp. increments.

3 parts myrrh
1 part frankincense
1 part dragon's blood
1 part benzoin
1 patchouli cone (powdered)
1 sandalwood cone (powdered)
32 parts mugwort (the witch's herb)

Tonight's first batch was prepared during the planetary hour of Mercury, with the waxing crescent moon 7% full. Mercury influences wisdom, skill, writing and language. The waxing moon brings increasing creative energy into the mix.

2 comments:

IR said...

will you be offering any of your blends to purchase... i mean those of us who are too lazy or too preoccupied to do our own.... just curious as i would be interested as i believe your motives are pure and your intent right so i wouldnt mind purchasing your blends until perhaps one day i can have the time to do my own.

if you ever do and need a platform i can recommend http://etsy.com as a great place for hand made items.

be blessed be.

Lori said...

Thank you. Right now I am experimenting with making incense blends - both in terms of scent and spiritual effects - to learn the art of magickal-mystical incense making. As you indicate, the kavanah and other "ritual" factors go into making good spiritual blends. It isn't just about getting a "good scent". I also understand how difficult it is to find good commercial spiritual blends. I found one I really really love - I went back and purchased the entire small stock of it! It IS so hard to find good magickal-mystical incense that smells good AND has that delicious "mystical something" as well.

Yes, when I have some recipes and "kavanah rituals" tweaked "just right", I will offer some for purchase. In fact, one day, I may even open online "store" (and/or offer it for purchase through other stores) so that others who don't have the time to make their own incense blends may purchase mine to use.

I'm not educated in terms of small business law, so I'd need to check this out before doing any such thing. This would be my dream "job" - to make mystical incense and candles (etc.) for women who aren't inclined toward this part of the craft. Everyone has her own particular talents and proclivities, even in witchcraft, and this one is mine. I love this stuff. It feeds my soul just doing it.

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out and bookmark it.

Shalom and blessed be.