Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Witch's Brew - "Satisfaction" II

ג' בניסן תשס"ז

I've amended the recipe for my witch's brew Satisfaction. This afternoon I tested the blend on my "fresh" nose and then decided to add two additional parts of myrrh. Following addition of the new myrrh, my "fresh" nose was again "satisfied" with the result.

The two additional parts of myrrh were added under the influence of a waxing crescent moon, 12% full, during the planetary hour of Venus (favor, fruitfulness, love).

This evening, I tested the scent on an impartial person, who really liked the smell.

So, the waxing moon base recipe for Satisfaction now stands as:

3 parts myrrh (commiphora myrrha)
1 part frankincense (olibanum)
1 part dragon's blood (daemonorops draco)
1 part benzoin (styrax benzoin)
1 patchouli cone (powdered)
1 sandalwood cone (powdered)
32 parts mugwort (the witch's herb, artemisia vulgaris)

Note: original post amended to reflect this change from 1 to 3 parts myrrh.

No comments: