Thursday, August 26, 2010

My First SALEM Black Pillar Candle

י״ז באלול תש"ע
Belz 19

Here is my first attempt at handcrafting ritual black pillar candles for my own use and for sale at WITCHRAFTS by Liorah Lleucu. This one was made with the only mold I presently have, but I have ordered professional aluminum molds for making future candles. I will be making a variety of flat-top black pillar and spell candles in several sizes commonly used in ritual, perhaps even shabbat candles at some point as well. This practice candle turned out okay (and now I have learned how not to do the second pour), so I am listing it for sale on my etsy shoppe. It turned out rather well despite the repour line at the bottom of the candle. SALEM is the name of my main line of black ritual pillars scented with dragon's blood essential oil. I'm anxious to receive my professional molds and to launch my handcrafted candle lines. I love doing this! I'm currently making a sky blue pillar (with the same shape as the SALEM pillar below) intensely scented with Bluebell Flowers for EarthLight Originals - still working on a name for it. It will be ready, named and listed tomorrow afternoon (and it doesn't have a line from the repour - yay).

No comments: