Friday, July 18, 2008

Poppet Joy

ט"ו תמוז התשס"ח
Faunus 17

I've started a new project for upcoming Lughnasadh, the sabbat which harvests the Divine power of the long arm (like in my dream earlier this month). I am handcrafting for myself a unique magic poppet.

In honor of Lughnasadh, today I purchased for my as yet unmade poppet, a kachina ("life-bringer") charm of Angwusnasomtaka, the crow mother spirit from Hopi mythological cosmology. Angwusnasomtaka is a wuya. Black crows are associated with transmutation of consciousness in Hopi, Celtic and Jewish mysticism.

I also purchased today the spanish moss base stuffing which will be charged later with other botanicals and charms as I choose them during the poppet's construction.

Earth-brown 100% linen fabric will form the structure of the poppet's body. I acquired the linen remnant over a year ago at a bargain price. I didn't have any reason to purchase it at the time, other than it 'soothed my spirit' to look at it. So, I bought the remnant and stored it away until 'for what' I bought it came to me. The linen remnant has now been called up from the past to be used in the crafting of my poppet.

I am going to give my poppet a little besom too!

Oh! I am so giddy with excitement and happiness as I plan my poppet's construction. My heart was dancing as I opened one of my treasure boxes to pull out the old remnant of linen. My poppet already brings me joy!

How To Make Your Own Poppet
Illustrated Instructions On How To Make A Poppet

No comments: